Car accidents are a very real threat in South Carolina. In 2019, over 140,000 South Carolina car accidents occurred, and Rock Hill alone had over 2,400 collisions.
If you are involved in a Rock Hill car accident,, you may be wondering if it is worth getting a lawyer. The answer to this question depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries and the amount of damage to your vehicle. In some cases, it may be necessary to have an attorney represent you to get the compensation that you deserve.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our Rock Hill car accident lawyers have years of experience helping car accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We will work with the insurance company to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Rock Hill Car Accident Lawyer?
If you are injured in a car crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you get the maximum compensation possible.
In addition, an attorney can handle all of the paperwork and negotiations with the insurance company. This can save you a lot of time and hassle.
Frequent Causes of Car Accidents in Rock Hill, South Carolina
There are several factors that can contribute to car accidents in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
Common Rock Hill Car Accident Injuries
The most common car accident injuries include:
- Head trauma
- Neck and back injuries
- Sprains and strains
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Rock Hill, SC?
If you are involved in a car accident, there are a few things that you should do:
- Check for injuries and seek medical attention if necessary
- Call the police and report the accident
- Exchange insurance company and contact information with the other driver
- Get the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Contact the car accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jason. E Taylor to discuss your legal options
Can I File a Rock Hill Car Accident Claim Without an Attorney?
An experienced lawyer will know the ins and outs of the legal system and will be able to help you get the compensation that you deserve. In some cases, you may be able to file a claim for a motor vehicle crash without an attorney. However, it is important to understand that car accident claims can be complex and difficult to navigate.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to contact The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor for a free consultation. Our auto accident attorneys will review your case and advise you on the best course of action.
Damages You Can Recover in Car Accident Cases
There are a number of damages that you can recover in a car accident case, including:
- Medical expenses include medical bills related to treatment, prescription drugs, and any necessary transportation.
- Lost wages – You may be able to recover lost wages if you cannot work due to your injuries.
- Pain and suffering – You can recover damages for physical pain and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Permanent injuries – If you have suffered a permanent injury due to the accident, you may be able to recover damages for future medical expenses and income.
Determining Fault in a Rock Hill, South Carolina Motor Vehicle Accident
To recover damages in a car accident case, you must first prove that the other driver was at fault. This can be difficult, especially if the other driver denies responsibility. An experienced car accident lawyer will be able to help you gather evidence and build a strong case.
Modified Comparative Negligence in South Carolina
In South Carolina, car accident victims can recover damages as long as they are less than 51% at fault for the accident. This is known as modified comparative negligence. As long as you can prove that you do not have the majority share of fault, you will still be able to recover compensation for your damages. However, your recovery will be adjusted according to your percentage of assigned fault.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Collision in Rock Hill
If you have been in a car accident, there are a few things that you can do to protect your rights:
- Contact an attorney – An experienced lawyer will be able to help you investigate the accident and establisha strong case.
- Gather evidence – A lawyer will help you gather evidence to prove that the other driver was solely or primarily at fault.
- Contact the insurance company – A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Keep a record of your expenses – Keep track of all medical costs and lost wages resulting from the accident.
- Do not sign any documents from the insurance company – Talk to a lawyer before signing any documents, such as a medical release or a settlement release.
If you have been injured in a car accident, The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor can help. We offer free consultations, so call us today to discuss your case.
What Can a Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
A car accident lawyer can help you:
- Investigate the accident – A lawyer will investigate the accident and gather evidence to prove that the other driver was at fault.
- Negotiate with the insurance company – A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company to get you the compensation you deserve.
- File a lawsuit – If the liable party fails to offer a fair settlement, a lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Represent you in court – A lawyer will represent you in court and fight for the compensation that you deserve.
Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in one due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries. Our Rock Hill car accident lawyers take on insurance companies and negotiate with them to ensure that you receive fair treatment. We are also not afraid to go to trial when it’s in our client’s best interest.
Contact us today for your free consultation and learn more about what we can do to help you. We will answer your questions and explain all of your legal options.