If you have been in a car accident in or around Shelby, NC, you need to speak to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A car accident can result in serious injuries, and you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The lawyers at our firm are here to help you recover the maximum compensation available.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our car accident attorneys have represented car accident victims in North Carolina since 2005. We have years of experience dealing with car accident cases, and we know how to get results. We force the liable parties to accept the consequences of their actions and provide you with the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
On This Page
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Shelby, NC?
If you have been in a car accident, there are some things you should do to protect yourself and your legal rights:
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you figure out what your next steps should be your next steps necessary.
- Gather evidence from the accident scene, including photographs of the vehicles involved and any injuries you sustained.
- Write down names and contact information for all witnesses who saw the crash happen.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident and inform them about any injuries you sustained during the crash. The sooner you report the accident, the sooner they can start investigating it.
- Do not admit fault for the accident, even if you think you are responsible. Let an experienced car accident attorney deal with that.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Shelby, North Carolina?
Unfortunately, car accidents are widespread, especially in cities and towns like Shelby. According to the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles, in 2019, there were over 280,000 car accidents in North Carolina alone. Over 1,000 of those crashes occurred in Shelby.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Shelby
Many factors can lead to a car accident, but some of the most common causes in Shelby include:
- Distracted driving (talking on the phone, texting, eating, etc.)
- Drunk driving
- Speeding and reckless driving
Car accidents can happen to anyone, and if you have been injured in one, it is important that you contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Shelby, NC Car Accident Cases That We Handle
Car accident cases can be complex, which is why you need a qualified attorney to help you navigate the legal system. Some of the most common types of car accident cases that we handle include:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Reckless and Speeding Drivers
- Head-on Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Rear-end Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Side Impact Collisions (T-Bone)
Liability and Fault in Shelby Car Accident Cases
To receive compensation for your injuries, you must be able to prove that the defendant was at fault. In many cases, this will require an investigation into the accident itself and determining what caused it.
If you have been in a car accident and would like help proving liability, contact The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today. We can help you prove fault and get the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Your Injuries After a Car Accident in Shelby, NC
If you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you may be able to pursue compensation for your injuries. The amounts awarded will vary depending on the severity of your injuries but typically include:
Medical Expenses – Keep copies of your medical records as you may be entitled to compensation for all medical bills, such as hospitalization costs and prescription medication expenses.
Lost Wages – Reimbursement for lost income if you were unable to work due to your injuries. This includes both past and future missed wages.
Pain and Suffering – Financial restitution for any pain or discomfort caused by the accident.
Wrongful Death Damages – If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, it is possible to file a wrongful death claim on their behalf.
Is It Worth Suing After a Car Crash in Shelby, NC?
Not all car accident claims go to court. Oftentimes, a settlement can be reached without the need for filing a lawsuit. However, suppose you have suffered serious injuries and are not being offered fair compensation by the insurance company of the at-fault driver or your insurance provider (or both). In that case, it may be worth your time to file a lawsuit.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our auto accident attorneys will represent you in court and fight for your legal rights. We know how stressful it can be to deal with the aftermath of an accident, and we will do everything in our power to help you get the compensation you need.
Your lawyer can:
- Investigate your case and gather evidence from eyewitnesses of the crash and any police reports that were filed after it occurred.
- Help determine who is at fault by reviewing all relevant documents related to your accident.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the best possible settlement.
- File a lawsuit against the other driver if necessary.
If you have been in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor for a free consultation.
Contact our Shelby Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents can happen at any time, and if you have been injured in one due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries.
Our Shelby car accident lawyers are well versed in North Carolina law. We take on insurance companies and negotiate with them to ensure that you receive fair treatment. We are also not afraid to go to trial when it’s in our client’s best interest.
Contact us today for your free initial consultation and learn more about what we can do to help you. We will answer your questions and explain all of your legal options.