Why Should I Hire a Rock Hill Car Accident Lawyer?
If you’re wondering whether hiring a car accident lawyer is worth the effort following an accident, the answer is yes. A vehicle accident often results in injuries, some severe, and can cause the loss of a job, income, and a buildup of medical expenses due to treatment and therapy. Dealing with the other party’s insurance company alone can be confusing and leave you feeling overwhelmed and stressed. An insurance company may attempt to have you settle for a lesser amount than what you’re entitled. A car accident lawyer can guide you through the entire process and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Hiring a Rock Hill car accident lawyer as soon as possible after you’re involved in an accident is best. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can help maximize your case’s value. Time is often of the essence in these cases, and our team of Rock Hill, South Carolina, attorneys can help eliminate some of the stress and confusion so that you can focus entirely on your recovery.
What Types of Damage Can You Recover from a Car Accident Case in Rock Hill, SC?
Personal injury cases, including car accident cases, have two basic types of damage you can recover, compensatory and punitive. Compensatory damages compensate you for any financial loss that resulted from the injury and can be divided further into economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damage can include:
- Lost wages, including future lost wages if you cannot return to work.
- Medical bills.
- Transportation to medical appointments.
- Property damage.
- Rehabilitation, including future expenses.
- Any other monetary costs associated with the injury from the car accident.
Noneconomic damage can include:
- Emotional or mental anguish.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of enjoyment in activities.
On the other hand, punitive damages punish the defendant. These damages generally get awarded in cases of gross negligence. The most common punitive damages awarded in cases involve the following:
- Distracted driving.
- Drunk driving.
- Road rage.
- Medical malpractice.
- Product liability.
What Is My Personal Injury Car Accident Case Worth?
No two personal injury cases are the same, and several factors determine the value of each case. The Rock Hill auto accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, P.C., have the experience and knowledge needed to evaluate your personal injury case to provide you with an honest value for your case. Our lawyers have the expertise in negotiating car accident claims to get you the best settlement possible. Be assured that we will fight for the compensation you deserve from the moment we take your case.
What Are the Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Rock Hill?
Being injured in a car accident can be a scary experience. These tips should help you know what to do if you’re involved in a Rock Hill auto accident.
- Call 911: Even if those involved sustain only mild injuries, calling the police is essential. To file a claim with your insurance company, you may need a police report. This document can also help when determining who is at fault for the accident.
- Don’t move any vehicles: Keep vehicles from the accident scene exactly in their positions unless they are a danger to other drivers on the road.
- Make a record: To the best of your ability, keeping a detailed description of what happened immediately before the accident and what happened during the accident can help police officers file their report. Your accident record may also be helpful to insurance companies or an attorney. You can document any injuries, your pain level, and statements from witnesses.
- Collect information: Be sure to get information from the other driver(s) if they’re willing. You should try to get their name(s), insurance information, phone number, and address if possible.
- Take pictures: You should take photographs of the area, your vehicle, the other vehicle, and any visible vehicle damage if you can do so. You can also take pictures of any visible injuries to yourself. If you’re unable to do so at the time of the accident, you can try to take some photos immediately after you leave the accident scene.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t have any visible injuries or apparent pain, you should be seen by a medical professional. Sometimes injuries present themselves after a day or so, and it’s essential to have everything properly documented and make sure you haven’t sustained internal injuries immediately after the accident occurred.
- Inform your insurance provider: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Start a documentation file: Keep track of all documents you receive. These documents include invoices and correspondence from insurance companies.
- Contact an attorney: Now is the time to consult with an auto accident lawyer.
Can I Settle a Rock Hill Car Accident Claim Without an Attorney?
While you can settle an accident claim without the guidance of an attorney, you should make sure that you’re prepared for the process ahead of you. It’s essential to understand the complex laws and regulations surrounding these types of cases. Were you seriously injured in an accident or not at fault for an accident? You can seek legal help from an auto accident lawyer to make sure you’re adequately represented and get the compensation you deserve.
What Are the Steps in the Car Accident Claim Process in Rock Hill, SC?
Civil litigation aims to provide all involved parties enough time for due process or the process intended to be fair to both sides. A car accident claim process follows these basic steps:
- Complaint: The plaintiff, or victim, files a complaint that’s sent to the defendant.
- Response: The defendant has the opportunity to respond to the plaintiff’s complaint, usually within a specified time frame, such as one month.
- Discovery: During the discovery process, both the plaintiff and the defendant and their attorneys have the opportunity to request documents and ask questions. Discovery often takes several months to complete.
- Trial: If the parties are unable to agree on a settlement, the case will go to trial.
- Appeal: After the trial is complete, either party can appeal the trial results.
How Long Does a Car Accident Claim Process Take in the Rock Hill Area?
On average, a car accident claim process in Rock Hill, South Carolina takes approximately six months to one year to settle. If your case goes to trial, it may take up to two years or more. No one answer fits all scenarios, as the length of time your case takes depends on several factors. These factors include whether you hire an attorney, the severity of injuries that occurred, and whether parties in the case dispute liability.
What Are the Standard Fees for Car Accident Lawyers in Rock Hill?
The Rock Hill car accident lawyers of The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, P.C., offer several legal services based on a contingency fee. You don’t pay a fee unless you receive compensation. A personal injury case gets handled via a contingency fee.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Rock Hill, SC
Have you or a family member been affected by an injury connected to someone else’s negligence? Contact the Rock Hill car accident attorneys of The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, P.C.. Our knowledgeable team has the expertise and experience you need to get you the compensation you deserve for your Rock Hill, South Carolina, auto accident case.