You have just been in an accident. Maybe you were at fault, or maybe it was another party. Either way, it’s a stressful situation. You’re
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified car accident lawyer can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we have years of experience helping people who have been injured in car accidents get the money they need to cover medical expenses and other costs. We understand what you are going through and will do everything to help you recover from your injuries. Contact us today for a free consultation!
On This Page
Car Accidents in Greensboro, NC
Greensboro is a city in North Carolina with almost 300,000 people. Located in the Piedmont Triad region, it is the third-largest city in the state. Greensboro is known for its universities, museums, and attractions, such as the Greensboro Coliseum and the Greensboro Science Center.
The city is also home to many auto accident attorneys. A qualified attorney can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve. If you’ve been in an auto accident in Greensboro, our team is here to help.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Greensboro, North Carolina
If you have been involved in a car accident in Greensboro, North Carolina, you should take a few steps to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don’t think you’ve been injured, it’s always best to get checked out by a doctor.
- Gather as much information about the accident as possible. This includes taking pictures of the scene, getting the contact information of any witnesses, and obtaining a copy of the police report.
- Contact your insurance company to notify them of the accident and start the claims process.
- Consult with a Greensboro auto accident attorney to discuss your legal options.
Our attorneys have years of experience helping people who have been injured in car accidents get the money they need to cover medical expenses and other costs. We understand what you are going through and will do everything to help you recover from your injuries.
What Would a Greensboro Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
If you’ve been in a car accident, you may be wondering what a Greensboro car accident lawyer can do for you. The answer depends on the specific details of your case. However, in general, a car accident lawyer can help you:
File a Claim With Your Insurance Company
If you’ve been in an accident, your first step should be to notify your insurance company. Your insurance company will then investigate your claim and determine how much they are willing to pay. A car accident lawyer can help you navigate this process and ensure that you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Gather Evidence to Support Your Claim
To get the compensation you deserve, you will need to gather evidence to support your claim. This includes things like medical records, eyewitness testimony, and police reports. A car accident lawyer can help you gather this evidence and build a strong case.
Negotiate With the Insurance Company to Get a Fair Settlement
After you have filed a claim, the insurance company will investigate your case and make a settlement offer. This offer is usually much lower than what you deserve. A car accident lawyer can help you negotiate with the insurance company to get a fair settlement.
If Necessary, Take Your Case to Court
If your insurance company is unwilling to pay the full amount of your claim or if the other driver was at fault for the accident, you may need to file a lawsuit. A car accident lawyer can help you file a lawsuit and get your deserved compensation.
If you’ve been in an auto accident in Greensboro, our team is here to help.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Greensboro, North Carolina
Several factors can contribute to car accidents. Some of the most common causes of auto accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents. Drivers who are distracted by their cell phones, GPS devices, or passengers are more likely to get into accidents.
- Speeding – Speeding is another leading cause of car accidents. When drivers exceed the speed limit, they are more likely to lose control of their vehicle and get into an accident.
- Drunk driving – Drunk driving is a major problem in North Carolina. In 2020, there were nearly 160 alcohol-related fatalities in the state. If you’ve been in an accident with a drunk driver, you may be able to get compensation for your injuries.
- Mechanical failure – Mechanical failure can also lead to car accidents. This can include flat tires, brake failure, and engine problems.
- Road conditions – Road conditions can also contribute to car accidents. Poor road conditions, such as potholes and debris on the road, can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and help you determine the best course of action.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Greensboro, North Carolina
Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a common neck injury that occurs in car accidents. It is caused by the sudden movement of the head, which can damage the muscles and ligaments in the neck.
- Broken bones – Broken bones are another common injury in car accidents. The force of the impact can cause bones to break or fracture.
- Head injuries – Head injuries are common in car accidents, such as concussions. These injuries can be caused by the head striking the steering wheel, dashboard, or window.
Some injuries such as whiplash and concussions may not be immediately apparent. If you’ve been in a car accident, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Who is Liable in a Car Accident?
In most car accidents, there is one at-fault driver. The driver who is at fault is liable for the damages caused by the accident. If you’ve been in an accident, you may be able to get compensation from the at-fault driver.
There are some situations where both drivers may be at fault for the accident. This is called contributory negligence. North Carolina is a pure contributory negligence state, which means that if you are even partially at fault for the accident, you may not be able to get any compensation.
For example, if you were speeding and collided with another car, you would be liable for the accident. However, if the other driver was also speeding and failed to brake in time, you may both be at fault.
If you’ve been in an accident, it is important to speak to an attorney to determine who is liable for the damages.
Damages Available to You in Greensboro Car Accident Claims
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Some of the most common types of damages available in car accident claims include:
- Medical expenses – If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover for any medical bills related to the accident. This can include hospital bills, doctor’s visits, and prescription costs.
- Lost wages – If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may also be able to recover lost wages. This is if your injuries have prevented you from being able to work.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering damages are intended to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain caused by your injuries.
How Much Does a Car Accident Attorney Cost?
At our office, we work on a contingency fee basis. We don’t get paid unless you recover compensation for your damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Greensboro, NC?
In North Carolina, you have three years from the accident to file a personal injury claim. If you do not file your claim within this time period, you will be barred from recovering compensation for your damages.
Contact our Greensboro Car Accident Lawyers
Our law firm understands that this time may be difficult for you and your family, and we are here to assist you with your claim. We take on insurance companies and negotiate with them to ensure that you receive fair treatment. We are also not afraid to go to trial when it’s in our client’s best interest.
Contact an experienced car accident attorney today for a free legal consultation and learn more about what we can do to support you. We will answer your questions and explain all of your legal options.