If you live in Charlotte, you may have noticed more than a few Amazon distribution centers in the city. Last year, Amazon announced plans to put another fulfillment center and two more delivery stations in the city.
While the new locations will bring more jobs for Charoltteans, this also means that there will be more Amazon delivery trucks on the road. And with this increased number of locations, an increase in demand for goods, and a worker shortage, Amazon drivers may be under more stress than ever. When an Amazon Prime delivery driver is under immense pressure, they’re bound to make mistakes, causing accidents and serious injuries for everyone involved.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with an Amazon delivery truck, speak with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our personal injury attorneys have years of experience helping victims of delivery truck accidents recover damages for their injuries. Contact us today for a free consultation.
On This Page
Common Causes Of Amazon Prime Delivery Truck Accidents in Charlotte
There are many different reasons why an Amazon delivery truck accident can occur. But, some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
- Improperly maintained vehicles
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Ignoring traffic signals
If you’ve been involved in an accident with an Amazon delivery truck, it’s important to speak with an attorney who has experience handling these types of cases.
Injuries That Can Result From An Amazon Truck Accident
Like a car accident or other commercial truck accident, a collision caused by an Amazon delivery truck results in mild to serious injuries depending on the accident’s severity. Some of the injuries that can result from a crash with an Amazon delivery truck include:
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
What To Do After An Amazon Delivery Truck Accident
If you or someone you love has been involved in an accident with an Amazon delivery truck, it’s important to take action immediately.
- Contact Law Enforcement: You should always contact the police after an accident. The responding officer will create a report which can be used as evidence in your case.
- Get Contact and Insurance Information from the Driver: Get the driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information.
- Do Not Admit Guilt: It’s important that you do not say anything that could be construed as admitting guilt.
- Document the Scene: If you’re able to, take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to your property.
- Get Witness Information: If there are any witnesses to the accident, get their names and contact information.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Contact an experienced truck accident attorney: An attorney will be able to help you navigate the legal process, file a personal injury claim, and ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries.
Can You Sue Amazon After An Accident With An Amazon Delivery Truck?
In most cases, you cannot sue Amazon directly after an accident. Most Amazon delivery drivers are independent contractors hired and employed by Amazon Delivery Partner Services, a division of Amazon Logistics. This means the liable party in your case may be the company that hired the contractor and not Amazon itself.
Amazon Flex Insurance
Although most Amazon delivery truck drivers are not hired directly by Amazon, Amazon does require all of its contractors to have liability insurance, known as Amazon Flex Insurance coverage. This coverage will cover up to $1 million in injuries and damages you’ve suffered. However, to file a claim against this insurance, the driver must have been on the clock when the accident happened. If the accident occurred when the driver was clocked out, you would not be able to seek compensation for your injuries against the Amazon Flex policy.
Other Liable Parties In An Amazon Delivery Truck Accident
In some cases, you may be able to file a claim against parties other than the Amazon delivery truck driver. You may also be able to file a claim against:
- The truck maintenance company
- Local, state, or federal governments for roads that are not adequately maintained
- The truck’s manufacturer
It’s important to speak with an attorney who has experience handling Amazon delivery truck accidents to find out if you have a case against another party.
Contact Our Amazon Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys in Charlotte, NC.
If you have been injured in an Amazon/Prime delivery truck accident in Charlotte, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyers at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor have experience handling these cases and can help you get the compensation you deserve.
301 S McDowell St #1016
Charlotte, NC 28204