You have just been in an accident. Maybe you were at fault, or maybe it was another party. Either way, it’s a stressful situation. You’re
Over the years, bicycles have become increasingly popular. More and more people are using them for transportation and recreation. In 2016, Concord released its Final Plan for a Bicycle Friendly Community. The city has since then been working hard to make Concord more bicycle friendly.
However, as the number of cyclists on the roads increases, the risk of accidents increases. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our bicycle accident lawyers in Concord, North Carolina, have helped many cyclists injured in accidents caused by the negligence of others.
We are dedicated to protecting the rights of cyclists and have a proven track record of success. If you or someone you know has been injured in a bicycle accident, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation.
On This Page
Concord, NC Bicycle Accidents
Fortunately, bicycle accidents are not common in Concord. However, that doesn’t mean they never happen. Bicyclists are vulnerable road users. They have very little protection from the road, making them more at risk of suffering serious injuries.
If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. A bicycle accident lawyer can help you get the money you need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
The Benefits of Working with a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Concord
After a bicycle accident, depending on your injuries, you may not find it necessary to hire a lawyer to help with your case. However, working with a lawyer is often the best way to get the results you desire. Here are some of the benefits of working with a bicycle accident lawyer in Concord:
- You Have Someone on Your Side: After an accident, you will likely be dealing with insurance companies. Insurance companies are not always looking out for your best interests. They may try to lowball you or deny your claim altogether. Having a lawyer on your side levels the playing field.
- You Will Get Better Results: Studies have shown that people who hire a lawyer after a bicycle accident get better results. If you hire a lawyer, you are more likely to receive compensation for your injuries. You are also more likely to receive a higher settlement amount.
- You Will Save Time and Stress: Dealing with the aftermath of a bicycle accident can be time-consuming and stressful. If you hire a lawyer, you can focus on your recovery while your lawyer handles the legal process.
Hiring a bicycle accident lawyer is not a decision to be made lightly. However, it is worth considering if you have been injured in a bicycle accident. A lawyer can make filing a claim and getting compensation much easier. If you’re unsure whether or not hiring a lawyer is right for you, contact us today.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Concord, NC
Some bicycle accidents occur when a bicyclist encounters a road hazard, such as uneven pavement or a bump in the road. Risks that would be barely noticeable if you’re in a car could cause bike riders to lose control of their bicycles.
Other accidents are caused due to driver negligence. Drivers may fail to yield to bicyclists, make unsafe lane changes, or drive while distracted. When drivers act negligently, they put bicyclists at risk of being seriously injured.
Accidents happen, but if you have been wrongfully injured, you shouldn’t have to suffer. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We will review your case and help you decide if pursuing a claim is right for you.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycle accidents can result in a wide range of injuries. Some common injuries that we see at our office include:
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Sprains and strains
- Road rash
A bicycle accident injury has the potential to be catastrophic. Because bike riders have no protection from the road, their injuries can be severe.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. After you have seen a doctor, call us. We will review your case and help you understand your legal options.
Does North Carolina Have Laws for Bicycles?
As in most states, cyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as drivers. However, there are some laws that bike riders should be aware of.
- Sidewalks: It is illegal to ride a bicycle on a sidewalk unless it is explicitly marked as a bike path.
- Yielding to Pedestrians: Like motorists, cyclists must yield to pedestrians and give them the right of way.
- Helmet Law: Only riders under 16 are required to wear a helmet. However, wearing a helmet is a valuable safety practice. Helmets help reduce the severity of injuries in an accident.
- Equipment Requirements: All bicycles must have front and rear lights if the bike is ridden at night. Cyclists must also have a white light on the front of their bike and a red reflector on the rear.
- Bicycling While Impaired: With the rise of bike share programs, more and more people are biking after drinking. It is important to remember that it is illegal to ride a bicycle while impaired.
- Turning and Merging at Intersections: When turning or merging, cyclists must use hand signals to indicate their intentions and wait until it is safe to proceed.
Breaking the law can result in a traffic citation. However, if you are injured in an accident, it could also impact your bicycle accident case. If you have been injured in an accident, contact us today.
Negligence in Concord Bicycle Accident Claims
If you have been injured in a bike accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. To recover compensation, you will need to prove that the other party was negligent.
Negligence is when someone fails to act with reasonable care and causes an accident. For example, if a driver runs a red light and hits a bicyclist, the driver would be considered negligent.
Negligence may also be present in other cases. For instance, if a hazardous road condition caused the accident, the city or county responsible for maintaining the roads may be held liable.
Proving negligence can be complicated. It is important to have an experienced bicycle accident attorney on your side. At our office, a personal injury attorney will thoroughly investigate your accident and help you build a strong case.
Recovering Damages in Bicycle Accident Cases
If you are successful in your bicycle accident claim, you may be able to recover a variety of damages. Some common types of damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
After the accident, the insurance company will likely contact you and try to settle your claim. It is important not to accept their first offer. The insurance company will want to pay you as little as possible. Before you accept any settlement, call us. We will review the offer and help you decide if it is fair.
Contact Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Concord, NC Today
Even in cities like Concord, where bicycle accidents are rare, they can still happen. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we have helped clients in Concord, Charlotte, Hickory, and the surrounding areas to take on insurance companies and recover the compensation they need to move on with their lives.
No one should have to suffer because of someone else’s negligence. Our team is here to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.