Greenville is the county seat and the most populous city in Pitt County. Home to over 87,000 people, it is the tenth-largest city in the
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need to speak with a qualified Greenville truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Truck accidents can result in severe injuries, and trucking laws are complex, making it hard to get the maximum compensation you deserve.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our Greenville truck accident lawyers have represented auto accident victims in North Carolina since 2005. We have years of experience dealing with truck accident cases, and we know how to get results. We will help you navigate trucking laws and ensure your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Greenville truck accident lawyer.
On This Page
What Types of Truck Accidents do our Attorneys Cover?
Truck accidents occur in various ways. Some of the most common types of truck accidents include:
Jackknife accidents occur when the truck driver loses control of the vehicle. The trailer can swing out, causing it to block both traffic lanes and prevent other cars from passing. This leads to dangerous road conditions and serious accidents.
A rollover accident is a type of accident in which the truck overturns. This can happen when the driver takes a turn too sharply, loses control of the vehicle, or hits something on the road.
An underride accident is an accident in which a smaller vehicle collides with the trailer of a larger truck. This can happen when the truck driver makes a sudden stop or if the smaller vehicle hits the trailer from behind.
Wide Turn Accidents
A wide turn accident is a tractor-trailer accident in which the truck driver fails to turn within the lane. This can happen when the truck driver is distracted, fatigued, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
No matter how your accident occurred, our Greenville truck accident attorneys are here to help you through the legal process. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and help you understand your legal options.
What are Common Truck Accident Injuries?
There is a high risk of serious injuries when a tractor-trailer accident occurs. Some of the most common truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries occur when the head hits something hard or is violently shaken. This type of injury can lead to permanent damage and can be life-threatening.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries occur when the spine is damaged. This type of injury can cause paralysis and can be life-changing.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are common in truck accidents. These injuries can require surgery and lengthy recoveries.
Seat Belt Injuries: Internal injuries can occur when a seat belt puts significant pressure on your body. These injuries can be severe and may require hospitalization.
Who is Liable for a Commercial Truck Accident in Greenville, NC?
Tractor-trailer accidents can be complex, and there may be multiple parties who are liable for your injuries. Some of the parties who may be liable in a truck accident include:
- Truck Driver Negligence: The truck driver may be liable if they were negligent in operating the vehicle. This can include driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving while fatigued, or failing to maintain the vehicle.
- Trucking Company: The trucking company may be liable if it failed to maintain the vehicle properly or did not comply with trucking laws.
The Manufacturer: The manufacturer of the truck or trailer may be liable if there was a defect in the vehicle that led to the accident.
What Laws Govern Trucking in North Carolina?
Several laws govern trucking in North Carolina. Some of these laws include:
- Hours of Service Regulations: These regulations dictate how long the truck driver can operate the vehicle.
- The Commercial Driver’s License Requirements: The driver must have a commercial driver’s license to operate a commercial vehicle.
- Weight and Size Regulations: There are regulations governing the weight and size of the truck and trailer.
- Maintenance Requirements: The trucking company is required to maintain the vehicle in accordance with state and federal law.
If you have been involved in a tractor-trailer wreck, it is important to understand these laws. An experienced accident lawyer can help you file a truck accident claim, negotiate with the insurance company, and ensure that your rights are protected.
Contributory Negligence in North Carolina Truck Accident Cases
North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. This doctrine bars a plaintiff from recovering damages if they’re partially at fault for the accident. This means that if you were found even 1% at fault for the accident, you would not be able to recover damages for your injuries.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Greenville Truck Accident Case?
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be entitled to recover damages. These can include:
- Medical Expenses: You may be able to recover the cost of your medical treatment, including hospitalization, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: If you cannot work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover the wages you have lost.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be able to recover damages for the pain and suffering, such as emotional distress that you have endured due to your injuries.
Wrongful Death: If someone dies due to their injuries in a tractor-trailer accident, the victim’s family may be able to recover damages.
What is The Statute of Limitations for Greenville Truck Accident Cases?
The statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. In North Carolina, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is three years. This means that you have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
Contact our Truck Accident Lawyers in Greenville, NC
If you have been involved in a truck accident, it is important to hire an experienced attorney who can help you recover the damages you are entitled to.
The attorneys at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor have years of experience helping truck accident victims get the compensation they deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation. We will review your case and answer any questions you may have.
313 Evans St
Greenville, NC 27858