You have just been in an accident. Maybe you were at fault, or maybe it was another party. Either way, it’s a stressful situation. You’re
In Concord, North Carolina, pedestrians are often hit by careless drivers. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor team can help. We have represented many pedestrians who have been hit by cars, and we know what it takes to get the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more, and we will work hard to get you the maximum compensation possible. Let us help you get the justice you deserve.
On This Page
Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in North Carolina
If you’ve taken the Rider Transit to go shopping or to your place of work, you’ve likely seen a car accident on your commute. While these accidents are certainly alarming, it’s even more disheartening to consider the possibility of being involved in a pedestrian accident.
Here are some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in North Carolina:
- Distracted driving includes anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road. This can include texting, talking on the phone, eating, drinking, changing the radio station, and more.
- Speeding is another leading cause of pedestrian accidents. When drivers are speeding, they have less time to react to pedestrians on the roadway.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is also a leading cause of pedestrian accidents. This impairment can make it difficult for drivers to see pedestrians and make split-second decisions.
- Failure to yield: Under North Carolina law, drivers must yield to pedestrians crossing the street at a crosswalk or intersection. However, many drivers fail to do this, resulting in serious injuries and car accidents.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrian accidents can result in many injuries, from minor scrapes and bruises to life-threatening injuries. Some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries include:
- Head injuries: Head injuries are some of the most common injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents. This is because pedestrians have no protection against the force of a vehicle striking them.
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries can range from concussions to more serious traumatic brain injuries. These injuries can result in long-term complications, including memory loss, difficulty speaking, and more.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis below the level of the injury. This means that victims may lose the ability to walk, use their arms, and more.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are also common in pedestrian accidents. These injuries can require surgery and a lengthy recovery period.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should also contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal options.
What To Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Concord, NC
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights. First, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. This will ensure that your injuries are documented and treated. It is also important to contact the police and file a report. The report can be used as evidence in your personal injury claim.
You should also take pictures of the accident scene, if possible. These pictures can be used to show how the accident happened and who was at fault. It is also important to get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. Witnesses can provide valuable testimony about what happened and who was at fault.
Finally, you should contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal options. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and options under the law. They can also help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the Concord personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor.
Liability in Concord Personal Injury Claims
To succeed in a personal injury claim, you must prove that the other party was at fault for the accident. This can be difficult to do on your own. An experienced personal injury lawyer will know how to investigate your case and gather evidence to support your claim.
For example, if you were hit by a car while crossing the street, the driver may be liable for your injuries. If the driver was speeding or failed to yield to pedestrians, they may be considered at fault. If the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they might also be liable.
In some cases, more than one party may be liable for your injuries. For example, if you were hit by a car while walking on a poorly lit street, the driver and the city may be liable for your injuries. An experienced personal injury attorney will know how to investigate your case and determine who is at fault.
Compensation Available to Pedestrian Accident Victims in Concord
You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries if you are injured in a pedestrian accident. This compensation can include:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to recover the cost of your medical treatment, including hospitalization, surgery, and more.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover the lost income you would’ve made if you were not injured.
- Pain and suffering: You may be able to recover compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your injuries. This may include compensation for anxiety, depression, and more.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor. We will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for a Wrongful Death Claim
If your loved one was killed in a pedestrian accident, you might be able to file a wrongful death claim. This type of claim is filed against the party who is responsible for the death of your loved one. The compensation available in a wrongful death claim can include:
- The cost of funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Loss of companionship and love
- Pain and suffering
How Much is a Concord Pedestrian Personal Injury Claim Worth?
The value of a pedestrian personal injury claim will depend on many factors. These factors can include the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical treatment, and more. With the help of our personal injury attorneys, you can get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit for a Concord Pedestrian Accident?
In North Carolina, you must file a personal injury lawsuit three years from the accident date. You may be barred from recovering compensation for your injuries if you do not file your lawsuit within this time frame.
Contact Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Concord, NC Today
The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor is a personal injury law firm representing accident victims throughout North Carolina. We have experience handling many personal injury cases involving distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and more. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact us today for a free consultation.