We are Both the Sword and the Shield for Our Clients
Jason E. Taylor
Jason E. Taylor is a Martindale-Hubbell® AV® rated legal professional who founded the firm on principles of ethical and client-oriented service.
Hickory, Charlotte & Columbia Attorney
Mr. Taylor grew up on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, where he developed a lifelong passion for outdoor sports such as hunting, fishing, riding horses and motorcycles.
Jason moved to Avon, Connecticut, to attend Avon Old Farms School, an all-boys boarding school. In high school, Jason played lacrosse and football while still finding time for hunting and fishing.
Early Work & Education
Jason graduated from Hobart College in Geneva, NY, completing the four-year curriculum in three years. Jason then took a year and worked construction and roofing before heading off to law school. Having developed an interest in law, Jason enrolled in American University’s Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C., and graduated with honors. Jason launched his law career in Charlotte in 1993 and co-founded a new firm in the spring of 1996.
In April 2005, Jason left the firm he co-founded and started The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, with offices in Charlotte and Hickory. Jason has opened offices in Columbia, South Carolina, Rock Hill, South Carolina, and Greenville, North Carolina.
Legal Recognition & Professional Memberships
Jason has been recognized by his peers and earned the AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been certified by the prestigious National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Trial Advocacy. He has also been inducted into the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Jason is licensed to practice before all the state courts in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee, as well as the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians Supreme Court and lower courts, The U.S. Middle and Western Districts Courts of North Carolina, the U.S. Court for the District of South Carolina and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Jason has been nominated and served as a Vice President of North Carolina Advocates for Justice (formerly N.C. Assoc of Trial Lawyers) for three different terms and served on their Board of Governors and executive committee.
Jason is involved in many professional organizations, including:
- American Association of Justice
- North Carolina Advocates For Justice
- N.C. Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- The Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Catawba and Mecklenburg Bar Association
Jason has shared his legal knowledge with other lawyers by teaching numerous Continuing Legal Education classes. He also wrote the article, Trying the Motorcycle Accident Case, published in the October 2013 issue of the Trial Briefs. He has participated as a judge and coach in mock trial competitions for high school students.
Non-professional memberships include:
- Ducks Unlimited
- National Rifle Association (Life, Patron, Endowment & Golden Eagles member)
- American Motorcyclist Association
- Harley Owners Group (Charlotte, Hickory)
- Concerned Bikers Association
- The Bikers and Needy Children Foundation
- Motorcycle Riders Foundation.
Outside of his work as an attorney, Jason is married to his wife, Andie Taylor, and has two wonderful step-children, Jack and Katie. The Taylors live on Black Sheep Farm with their dogs, sheep, chickens, and bees. Jason cherishes time with the family, reading, hunting, and riding his motorcycles.
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 1993
- B.A., Hobart and William Smith Colleges, 1989
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina, 1993
- South Carolina, 2016
- Tennessee, 2016
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians Supreme Court, 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Rating
- Nominated and served as VP of North Carolina Advocates for Justice three separate terms
- Served on the Board of Governors and executive committee for the North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Served as president of Mecklenburg Trial Lawyers Association
- Prominent member of the Motorcycle Injury Trial Lawyers Association
- Frequently Invited to teach Continuing Legal Education classes
- Active member of the American Association for Justice, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Southern Trial Lawyers Association, and N.C. Bar Association
- Nationally certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- National Board of Trial Advocates, Chapter President
- Million Dollar Advocates forum, member
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates forum, member
What our clients have to say about us
Get in touch with our experts
Fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 351-3008 to schedule your free consultation.