You were driving your car down 2nd St SW in Hickory on your way to getting lunch when another driver ran a red light and
If you have been injured in a car accident, you need to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Many people do not realize that they may be entitled to compensation for their injuries, but this is something that a good lawyer can help you with.
If you are looking for a car accident lawyer in Boone, North Carolina, please contact the legal professionals at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today!
On This Page
Car Accidents in Boone, North Carolina
No one ever expects to be involved in an auto accident, but unfortunately, they happen daily. Boone may be a relatively small city, with 19,092 residents as of the 2020 census, but that doesn’t mean it’s exempt from car accidents.
In fact, in 2020, there were 643 car crashes in Boone – which has likely gone up in the past few years. With such a high number of accidents, it’s no wonder that people are looking for a car accident lawyer in Boone, NC.
When you contact our firm, we will begin by investigating the accident and determining who is at fault. We will also help you file a claim with the insurance company and negotiate a fair settlement. If necessary, we will take your case to court to get the compensation that you deserve.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Boone, North Carolina
Several different factors can contribute to car accidents, but some are more common than others. Here are just a few of the most frequent causes of car accidents in Boone:
- Distracted driving: This has become one of the leading causes of car accidents in recent years, as people are increasingly using their phones while behind the wheel.
- Drunk driving: Unfortunately, drunk driving is still a major problem, often leading to accidents.
- Speeding: Another common cause of car accidents is speeding. People are in a hurry and want to get where they’re going as quickly as possible, which can often lead to disaster.
- Weather: Bad weather is another common cause of car accidents. If it’s raining or snowing, visibility is reduced, and it can be more difficult to control your vehicle.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our experienced team if you have been involved in a car accident. We will help you get the compensation that you deserve.
5 Steps to Take After a Car Wreck in Boone, North Carolina
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should take a few steps to protect your rights.
- Get medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor just to be sure.
- Call the police and file a report. This will create an official record of the accident.
- Take pictures of the vehicle damage and any injuries you may have incurred.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver. You will need this for your insurance claim.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Boone, North Carolina, to discuss your legal options.
Don’t try to deal with the insurance company on your own – they will likely try to lowball you. An experienced lawyer will fight for the maximum compensation possible.
Personal Injury Claims in Boone, North Carolina
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may wonder if you have a personal injury claim. The answer depends on a few factors, such as the severity of your injuries and who was at fault for the accident.
Generally speaking, you will have a personal injury claim if someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. For example, if the other driver was speeding and ran a red light, causing the accident, you would likely have a personal injury claim.
On the other hand, if your negligence caused your injuries, you may not have a personal injury claim. North Carolina follows the pure contributory negligence rule, which means that if you are even slightly at fault for your own injuries, you will not be able to recover compensation.
For example, if you were speeding and failed to use a turn signal, you would not have a personal injury claim.
If you’re unsure whether or not you have a claim, the best thing to do is contact a law firm in Boone, North Carolina, for a consultation. We will be able to review the details of your case and advise you on the best course of action.
Damages You Might Be Entitled To
If you have a personal injury claim, you may be entitled to certain types of damages. These can be divided into two main categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those that have a specific monetary value, such as medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. Non-economic damages are more difficult to quantify but can include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
In some cases, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. These are designed to punish the other party for their negligence and deter them from engaging in similar conduct in the future.
Contact Our Boone Car Accident Lawyers
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, seeking legal representation from an experienced attorney is important. The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor has a team of dedicated car accident lawyers who are ready to fight for you. We will work tirelessly to get you the compensation that you deserve. Contact our legal team today to schedule a free consultation. We serve clients in Boone, North Carolina, and the surrounding areas.
120 3rd St NE
Hickory, NC 28601