Located in Catawba County, Hickory is a part of the Hickory–Lenoir–Morganton Metropolitan Statistical Area. With over 43,000 residents, the city is home to Lenoir-Rhyne University and Catawba Valley Community College. It is also popular for motorcyclists, offering many scenic ride routes.
Whether you’re traveling with friends to Lake Hickory for a fishing weekend or heading to the Hickory Motor Speedway for some stock car racing, there are many great reasons to hop on a motorcycle and hit the open road in Hickory. However, accidents can happen, even to the most experienced riders.
If you’ve been injured contact one of our Hickory motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today to get started on your case.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Hickory, NC
Many different factors can contribute to a motorcycle crash. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Speeding: Excessive speed is one of the most common factors in motorcycle accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone, is a major problem on today’s roads.
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving is dangerous to all motorists, especially motorcyclists.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving, such as tailgating or weaving in and out of traffic, is another major cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Poor road conditions: There is constant construction on the roads in Hickory, which can create dangerous road conditions.
- Mechanical problems with the motorcycle: If a bike is not maintained correctly, it can cause an accident.
5 Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident in Hickory, North Carolina
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Hickory, NC, you should take some important steps to protect yourself and your legal rights.
Step One: Call the Police
The first thing you should do after a motorcycle accident is to call the police. This will ensure that an official report is filed and that any evidence at the scene is collected. The police can also direct traffic and provide medical assistance if needed.
Step Two: Get Medical Attention
Even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured, seeing a doctor as soon as possible after a motorcycle accident is important. Some injuries, such as concussions, may not present symptoms immediately. Getting prompt medical care will not only ensure that you get the treatment you need, but it will also create a record of your injuries which can be used in court later on.
Step Three: Gather Evidence
If you can do so, it’s important to gather evidence and documentation related to the accident. This may include taking photos of the scene of the accident, getting the contact information of any witnesses, and obtaining a copy of the police report. This evidence will be critical in building your case and helping to prove liability.
Step Four: Take Action Immediately
It’s important to take action immediately after a motorcycle accident. In North Carolina, there is a statute of limitations for personal injury claims, meaning you only have a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit. If you wait too long, you could miss your opportunity to seek compensation.
Step Five: Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The next step is to contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we have years of experience handling motorcycle accident cases, and we can help you get the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf and fight for the best possible outcome.
What NOT To Do After a Hickory Motorcycle Crash
There are also certain things you should NOT do after a motorcycle collision. These include:
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident: Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime in North Carolina.
- Don’t admit fault: It is important not to admit fault after a motorcycle accident. Even if you think you may be at fault, it is best to let the insurance companies sort it out.
- Don’t sign anything without consulting an attorney: The insurance company will likely try to get you to sign a release form, which will waive your right to sue for damages. Don’t sign anything without first consulting a motorcycle accident lawyer.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Hickory, North Carolina, it is important to take the proper steps to protect your legal rights. Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today for a free consultation.
Common Injuries Motorcycle Crash Victims Suffer From in Hickory, North Carolina
There are a variety of injuries that victims can suffer from. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Head injuries: Head injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries, are some of the most severe injuries a motorcycle accident victim can suffer.
- Neck injuries: Whiplash is a common neck injury in motorcycle accidents.
- Back injuries: Back injuries, such as herniated discs, can be extremely painful and debilitating.
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries can result in paralysis or other permanent disability.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are another common injury motorcycle accident victims suffer.
- Soft tissue damage: Soft tissue damage, such as bruises and cuts, is also common in motorcycle accidents.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and have suffered any of these injuries, it is important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Hickory Motorcycle Accident?
The best way to determine if you need a lawyer is to contact a lawyer for a free consultation. An experienced lawyer can review the facts of your case and advise you on the best course of action. If you decide to hire a lawyer, they will fight for the compensation you deserve.
The Hickory motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor are here to help if you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle crash. Contact us today for a free consultation. We will fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Payment Available for Motorcycle Accident Victims in Hickory, NC
If you file a motorcycle accident claim after the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Some of the types of compensation that may be available include:
Medical expenses are the costs of all the medical treatment you have received due to your injuries. This can include ambulance fees, hospitalization costs, surgery costs, and more.
Lost wages are the wages you have lost due to being unable to work due to your injuries. If you cannot return to work or take a lower-paying job because of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering is the physical and mental anguish you have suffered from your injuries. This can include emotional distress, anxiety, depression, and more.
Property damage is the damage to your motorcycle or other property due to the accident.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
Contact a Hickory Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor Today
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced Hickory motorcycle accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today to schedule a free consultation. Our motorcycle accident lawyers are well versed in North Carolina law. Our firm takes the rights of motorcycle riders seriously. We have experience in various personal injury cases and will fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Contact our law firm today. We represent clients throughout North Carolina, including in Catawba County, Caldwell County, Burke County, Alexander County, Iredell County, and Gaston County.