If you have been involved in a car accident, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the sooner they can begin working on your case.
A car accident lawyer in Hickory, NC, can help you understand your rights and options. If you have been involved in a car accident, contact The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today to schedule a free legal consultation.
Car Accident Statistics for Hickory, NC
With 43,490 residents, Hickory is relatively small. However, it is also part of the Hickory–Lenoir–Morganton Metropolitan Statistical Area, which has a much higher population of 365,276. The city is also close to Charlotte and exists along one of the busiest interstates in the state, I-40. These facts likely play a role in the number of car accidents in Hickory each year.
In 2020, there were:
- A total of 1,899 auto accidents
- 620 injuries
- 70 crashes involved alcohol
- 16 pedestrian crashes
- 3 bicycle crashes
What to Do After a Car Accident in Hickory, NC
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, there are some important steps that you should take:
- Call the police – You should always call the police after a car accident, even if the accident is minor. The police will create a report that can be used as evidence in your case.
- Get medical attention – If you have been injured, it is important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Many injuries, such as internal injuries, may present as bruising, and you may not be aware of the extent of the damage until it’s too late. Even if you don’t think you have a serious injury, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
- Gather evidence – You should try to gather evidence at the scene of the accident, such as witness information and photos of the damage to your vehicle. This evidence can be beneficial when filing an insurance claim or taking legal action against the other driver.
- Contact a personal injury law firm – Whether you choose to file an insurance claim or lawsuit, an attorney will be there to guide you through the process.
Ways a Hickory Lawyer Can Help You After a Car Accident
Here are four ways an attorney can help you with your claim:
- After a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and ensure you receive your full compensation.
- An experienced car accident lawyer will know how to investigate an accident and gather evidence that may be helpful to your case. This evidence can include witness statements, photos of the scene of the accident, and the police report.
- After an accident, you will likely have to deal with the other driver’s insurance company and your own. Insurance companies are often more likely to offer a fair settlement if you have an attorney representing you.
- An attorney can take your case to trial if necessary. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, an experienced car accident lawyer will not hesitate to take your case to trial. At trial, a jury will decide how much money you should receive for your injuries.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, contact The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today to schedule a case review with one of our car accident attorneys.
Is It Possible to Settle My Car Accident Claim Without a Hickory Lawyer?
It is possible to settle your car accident claim without a Hickory lawyer, but it is not recommended. Insurance companies will often try to take advantage of accident victims whom an attorney does not represent.
Having an attorney on your side ensures that your rights are protected, and you receive the full compensation you are entitled to.
How Long Will It Take to File My Claim in North Carolina?
The amount of time it will take to file your claim in North Carolina depends on the severity of the accident and the insurance companies involved. If you’ve been involved in a minor accident with no injuries, settling your claim fairly quickly is possible. However, reaching a settlement may take months or even years if you’ve been seriously injured in an accident.
No matter how long it takes to reach a settlement, an experienced Hickory car accident lawyer will be there to guide you through the process and fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
Types of Compensation Available to Hickory Car Accident Victims
Car accidents aren’t just stressful; they’re expensive. You may face a mountain of medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. The good news is that you may be entitled to compensation for these losses.
Compensation for car accident victims can include the following:
- Medical expenses – Whether you have suffered minor or serious injuries, you may be able to recover the cost of your medical bills, both past and future. This includes the cost of hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, and any other necessary medical treatment.
- Lost wages – If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be unable to work. This can result in a loss of income. You may be able to recover these lost wages as part of your settlement.
- Pain and suffering – In addition to economic damages like medical bills and lost wages, you may also be able to recover compensation for your pain and suffering. This type of damage is known as “non-economic damage,” and it can be more difficult to quantify than economic damages.
- Punitive damages – In some cases, the court may award punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded in rare cases and designed to punish the at-fault party and deter future misconduct.
What Is Considered Fair Compensation for a Hickory Car Accident?
There is no set formula for determining how much money you should receive for your car accident claim. The amount of compensation you are entitled to will depend on the severity of your injuries, the nature of your damages, and other factors. Ultimately, fair compensation may come down to what a jury thinks is reasonable or what the parties can negotiate in settlement talks.
No matter how your case is resolved, an experienced Hickory car accident lawyer can help you fight for the best possible outcome. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we will review the facts of your case and help you determine what type and amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
Determining Fault After an Auto Accident in Hickory
After a car accident, the insurance companies will conduct their own investigation to determine who was at fault for the accident. An experienced Hickory personal injury attorney can investigate your case and help you build a strong claim for compensation.
Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer if I Was Partially at Fault for the Accident?
In North Carolina, you cannot recover compensation even if you were partially at fault for the accident. This is because of the state’s pure contributory negligence law. If you were even slightly at fault for the accident, you would not be able to recover any compensation from the at-fault party.
What Are the Time Limits for Filing a Car Accident Claim in North Carolina?
In North Carolina, you must file a personal injury claim three years from the accident date. You will be barred from recovering any compensation if you do not file your claim within this time frame. This is known as the statute of limitations.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Hickory, NC?
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we don’t get paid unless we recover compensation for our clients. There are no upfront costs or hourly fees, so you can rest assured that you won’t have to pay anything out of pocket to hire our firm. If we successfully recover your compensation, we will take a percentage of the settlement or verdict as our fee.
Types of Automobile Accident Cases Our Attorneys Handle
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our Hickory car accident lawyers have experience handling a wide range of car accident cases, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Drunk driving accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
If you’ve been injured in any car accident, we can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Hickory personal injury attorneys.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Hickory, NC, For a Free Consultation
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we offer free initial consultations so that you can have your case evaluated by an experienced Hickory car accident lawyer without any obligation. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
We will review the facts of your case and help you determine if you have a compensation claim. If we believe you have a claim, we will represent you on a contingency fee basis, which means that we don’t get paid unless we recover compensation for you.