If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. A Rock Hill car accident lawyer can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our Rock Hill, South Carolina car accident lawyers have years of experience helping car accident victims recover compensation for their injuries. We will work with the insurance company to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you have been in a motor vehicle crash, there are several steps you should take:
- Stay Calm – It is important to stay calm and avoid making any statements that could be used against you later.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you do not think you are injured, it is important to see a doctor. Many injuries do not manifest until days or even weeks after the accident.
- Exchange Information – Exchange insurance information, contact information, and driver’s license numbers with the other drivers involved in the accident.
- Take Pictures – If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and the damage to your car.
- Report the Accident – Notify the police and your insurance company as soon as possible. See a Doctor – If you are injured, seek medical attention.
- Document everything. Keep a journal of your medical appointments, expenses, and lost wages. This information will be important when filing a claim.
- Contact one of our car accident attorneys – It is important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Rock Hill
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Rock Hill include:
- Distracted driving – Texting, talking on the phone, eating, and grooming are all examples of distracted driving.
- Drunk driving – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can lead to serious accidents.
- Speeding – Driving too fast for conditions can lead to loss of control and accidents.
- Reckless driving – Taking risks such as passing on the shoulder, driving too fast, and running stop signs can lead to accidents.
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor for a free consultation. We will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Cuts and bruises – Cuts and bruises are caused by the impact of the collision, which can damage the blood vessels under the skin.
- Broken bones – A broken bone is a serious injury in a car accident. It requires immediate medical attention and can often require surgery to heal correctly.
- Traumatic brain injuries can be very serious and can cause long-term damage.
- Spinal cord injuries – A spinal cord injury is a severe and life-changing injury in a car accident. It occurs when the spine is damaged, which can cause paralysis.
- Whiplash – A neck injury that can occur in a car accident. It is caused by the sudden jerking of the head, which can damage the muscles and ligaments in the neck.
- Concussion – An injury that occurs after head and brain injuries. It is caused when the head is suddenly jarred, which can cause the brain to swell or bleed.
Why Should I Hire a Rock Hill Auto Accident Lawyer?
There are several reasons why it is important to have an attorney on your side:
- Insurance companies often try to settle claims quickly and for a minimal amount of money. A lawyer can ensure that you receive a fair settlement that considers all of your losses.
- It can be difficult to navigate the legal system on your own. A lawyer will help you file the necessary paperwork and represent you in court if necessary.
- In some cases, filing a lawsuit may be the only way to get the compensation you deserve. A lawyer will be able to advise you on whether or not filing a lawsuit is the best course of action for you.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our experienced lawyers will work with the insurance company to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident, the first step is to contact an attorney for a free consultation. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we will take the time to listen to your story and answer any questions you may have.
We will work with you to develop a plan of action and keep you updated on the progress of your case.
What a Car Accident Lawyer Will Do For You
Help You Understand Your Rights
Our Rock Hill car accident attorneys are well versed in South Carolina law. We will inform you of your rights and do everything possible to protect them.
Assess the Extent of Your Damages
A Rock Hill will evaluate damages you may have suffered, such as medical bills due to injuries sustained in the accident, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Investigate Your Case
A Rock Hill car accident lawyer will investigate the case to determine who is at fault for the accident. This may involve looking at:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Evidence from the accident scene
Help You Get Medical Treatment
Some car accidents result in serious injuries. A lawyer will work with your doctors and insurance company to ensure that you get your care.
File a Lawsuit if Necessary
If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, or if they deny your claim altogether, you may need to file a lawsuit. A Rock Hill accident lawyer can help you file a lawsuit represent you in court.
Damages You Can Receive in a Rock Hill Car Accident Case
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to receive the following damages:
- Medical expenses – This includes all of the medical bills you have incurred due to the accident. This can include doctor’s visits, hospital bills, and medication costs.
- Lost wages – If you cannot work because of your injuries, you can receive compensation for the wages you have lost.
- Pain and suffering – You can also receive compensation for the pain and suffering you have endured due to the accident.
- Permanent scarring or disability – If you are left with permanent scars or suffer from a permanent disability due to the accident, you can receive compensation.
Factors that Impact Your Rock Hill Car Accident Claim
Several factors will impact the value of your car accident claim:
- The severity of your injuries – The more serious your injuries are, the higher the value of your claim will be.
- The amount of time you have missed from work – The more time you have missed, the higher the value of your claim.
- The amount of money you have lost due to the accident – The more money you have lost as a result of the accident, the higher the value of your claim will be.
- The extent of property damage – If your car was severely damaged in the accident, you may be entitled to a higher settlement.
- The amount of insurance coverage – If the other driver doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your damages, you may be able to receive compensation from your own insurance company and file a lawsuit against the negligent party for extra damages.
The Statute of Limitations for South Carolina Car Accidents
In South Carolina, the statute of limitations for car accident claims is three years. This means that you have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
If you are injured in a car accident, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner they can start working on your case. Contact The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor today for a free consultation. We will work with you to get the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Comparative Negligence in South Carolina
Comparative negligence is a legal doctrine that assigns blame for an accident to both parties involved. If the driver who hit you from behind is determined to be 50% or more at fault, you can still recover damages.
However, if you are found to be 51% at fault, the other driver will likely not be held liable for damages.
This is why it is important to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible after a car crash. They will be able to help you determine who is at fault and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we handle a wide variety of car accident cases, including:
- Rear-end collision – These are the most common type of car accidents. They often occur when one driver follows too closely to the car in front of them.
- Hit-and-run accidents – These accidents occur when a driver hits another vehicle and then leaves the scene without providing any information.
- Multi-vehicle accidents – These accidents involve three or more vehicles. They can be caused by various factors, such as speeding, reckless driving, and driver distraction.
- T-bone collision – These accidents occur when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. They often result in serious injuries.
- Rollover accident – These accidents are very dangerous and can cause severe injuries or death. They often occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle.
- Pedestrian accidents – These accidents can be very serious and often result in fatalities. They occur when a pedestrian is hit by a car or truck.
- Drunk driving accident – A Drunk driver is hazardous on the road. These accidents are often the most serious and can result in fatalities.
Speak with a Rock Hill, SC Car Accident Attorney Today
According to the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles, over 2,000 car accidents occurred in Rock Hill in 2019. If you have been injured in a South Carolina car accident due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries.
Our auto accident attorneys have experience with all personal injury cases, including car accidents. We are not afraid to take on insurance companies to help you obtain fair compensation. We value the attorney-client relationship and will work tirelessly to protect your rights.
Contact an experienced car accident lawyer today for your free initial consultation and learn more about what we can do to help you. We will answer your questions and explain all of your legal options.