If you have been in a motorcycle accident in or around Rock Hill SC and it is not your fault, you need to know what to do. Let us
Proudly Serving The People of North & South Carolina
While many car accidents can inflict severe, long-lasting harm on those involved, it’s hard to put into words the absolute devastation experienced by those who lose a loved one in a fatal car accident. In the Carolinas, this is, unfortunately, more common than you might think. According to the NC Department of Transportation, North Carolina saw nearly 1,500 fatalities from auto accidents in 2019, while South Carolina’s Department of Public Safety reported nearly 1,000 car accident deaths during the same period.
On This Page
If you’ve lost a loved one in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, then it’s essential to talk to a fatal car accident attorney who can help protect your family’s legal rights. While it’s impossible to truly replace what has been taken from your family, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for both your financial and non-financial losses. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we understand the lifelong impact that a fatal car accident can have on surviving family members. That’s why we treat each client with the compassionate, thoughtful and comprehensive care they deserve during their pursuit of justice. For your free consultation, call us today at (800) 351-3008 or schedule an appointment online.
Making a Claim After a Fatal Car Accident
In the Carolinas, there are several legal protections available to those who have suffered personal injury or property damage in a car accident that wasn’t their fault. Additionally, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death action if a loved one dies in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
The victim’s personal representative must file a wrongful death action, which is typically the executor or administrator of their estate. Normally, those damages would go to the victim’s spouse and children, although in some cases, they could be given to the victim’s surviving parents or other remaining heirs. Timing is often a critical element for a fatal car accident claim, so you should contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible to get a free review of your case.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered?
If you’re involved in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation. Some potential damages you may be able to recover include:
- The cost to repair or replace your car – as well as any related depreciation of its value
- The costs associated with any bodily injuries and relevant treatment, including past, present, and future medical bills, medical equipment, prescriptions and reduced future earning capacity due to your injuries
- Compensation for pain and suffering, including mental afflictions such as anxiety and depression
A wrongful death claim could help the victim’s family receive additional compensation in the unfortunate and untimely event of a fatal car accident. Those damages can include:
- Medical bills related to the unsuccessful treatment of a fatal injury
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future earnings and the loss of the victim’s knowledge, judgement, companionship and other meaningful contributions to their family
- Mental pain and suffering experienced by the surviving family members
How a Fatal Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Your family may be experiencing extreme emotional turmoil – sadness, grief, confusion and even rage – following the death of a loved one that was no fault of their own. During this trying time, it’s important to have an experienced, calm and collected resource in your corner. The experienced fatal car accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor can provide just that, helping you fight for justice at a time when insurance companies are looking to protect themselves.
For example, in North Carolina, insurance companies are well aware that relevant state laws adhere to a concept known as “contributory negligence.” This means that if a person has any percentage of fault for an accident – even just 1% – then they are barred from legally recovering compensation. On the other hand, South Carolina follows a modified version of “comparative negligence,” where a person can seek damages as long as they are 50% or less at fault (and any potential compensation may be reduced depending on the person’s level of fault). In either state, there is a clear incentive for insurance companies to shift blame onto the victim – and they will often go to great lengths to do so.
That’s where we come in. When you work with one of our car accident attorneys or lawyers, you can expect the following:
- Free case review: Without risk or obligation, we’ll review the facts of your case and determine if you have a potential claim. That includes gathering information from you, examining the police report, and conducting further investigation as needed to assess the case.
- Communication and investigation: If we believe you may have a claim, we’ll notify the other driver’s insurance company to begin the claims process and, moving forward, communicate with them on your behalf. We’ll also start our own comprehensive investigation of the fatal car accident.
- Negotiation: Once we’ve collected all relevant information and have a reasonably complete view of the expenses and losses resulting from the fatal collision, we’ll present a settlement demand to the insurance company or file a lawsuit on your behalf. While we’re always happy to negotiate a quick settlement if it is in the best interest of our client, we’re never afraid to fight for justice in the courtroom.
Our Experienced Lawyers Will Handle Your Fatal Car Accident Claim With Care and Compassion
If you’ve lost a loved one in a fatal car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to navigate the emotional, confusing aftermath by yourself. We know that your loved one was more than just a number or another case – they were someone’s father, mother, son, daughter, or best friend. They can never be replaced. We’re real people who like to help other people when they need it most. That’s why we will fight hard and leverage all of our experience to help you recover the justice your family deserves.
Our track record includes recovering millions* for clients who lost loved ones in car accidents that were caused by other people’s negligence. If you’re suffering in a similar situation, let us help you maximize any legal compensation that you may be entitled to. For your free consultation, call us today at (800) 351-3008 or schedule an appointment online.
Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys
Contact us today to speak with one of our Charlotte, Hickory, Greenville, Rock Hill, or Columbia attorneys.
Please do not include any confidential or sensitive information in this form.
This form sends information by non-encrypted e-mail which is not secure.
Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.