Vehicle Accident Attorneys Serving the Carolinas
When you’re involved in a vehicle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the experience can be troubling and costly in many ways. In addition to expensive medical bills and car repairs, you could lose additional wages due to missing work. You or a loved one may also be dealing with the long-term impact of a serious injury as well as lingering anxiety and mental stress from the accident.
Nobody should have to navigate this potentially life-changing event alone. You deserve a legal team that will work diligently to help you fight for justice – all while treating you like an actual person. With more than 100 years of combined experience, the vehicle accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor are well-equipped to help anyone in the Carolinas who has been harmed in an auto accident caused by another driver. For your free consultation, call us today at (800) 351-3008 or schedule an appointment online.
Our Experienced Lawyers Can Help With Many Types of Vehicle Accidents
Whether your accident involves cars, trucks, motorcycles or other types of vehicles, it’s important to find a motor vehicle accident attorney whose experience is relevant to your case. Our team of seasoned lawyers have successfully fought cases involving many different types of vehicle accidents, including:
What To Do After a Vehicle Accident
The immediate aftermath of a vehicle accident can be intense, disorienting and stressful. This is especially true if you or a loved one are injured due to someone else’s negligence. To protect yourself and your family, it’s important to understand what to do in the event of an auto accident. Taking the right steps quickly can also help protect any legal claims and may improve your chances of recovering damages.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the critical actions you should take when you’re involved in a vehicle accident, if possible:
- Stop your vehicle and call 911: Stay at the scene of the accident – leaving it is a crime. Call 911 to report the accident and any injuries, and if possible, move the vehicles out of the road. The police will conduct their own investigation at the scene. Their accident report can often be a critical factor in personal injury lawsuits or insurance settlements, so make sure you request a copy.
- Get medical attention ASAP: If you or anyone else in the accident are injured, don’t move until emergency personnel can provide medical attention. Also, adrenaline can mask the pain of potentially serious injuries in the moments right after an accident, so make sure you are checked out by a doctor as quickly as possible. Be specific in explaining the accident and any injuries or problems you are experiencing. Keep all receipts related to your medical care as well as any copies of diagnostic images, such as X-rays.
- Document, document, document: Get the other driver’s contact and insurance information (if they are uninsured, take down their primary address and phone number). If there are witnesses, get each one’s name, address and contact info, and document as much of the scene as possible. Your phone is your friend here – videos, pictures and written notes that help capture the context and conditions around your accident scene can be valuable assets in court.
- Call The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor: You may need a car accident lawyer to ensure that every effort is made toward a fair resolution of your claim. A cool head during this stressful experience can also help ensure you take the right next steps. Do not admit fault, do not sign anything and do not make any statements if an insurance adjuster shows up. Instead, call your own insurance carrier after speaking to one of our experienced vehicle accident attorneys.
How Our Vehicle Accident Attorneys Can Help You Fight for Justice
It’s all-too-common for insurance companies to give accident victims the runaround in an effort to avoid paying a fair settlement. If they’re not outright ignoring you, then they may be trying to bury you under a mountain of paperwork. Hiring an experienced vehicle accident lawyer lets insurance companies know that you’re serious about fighting for justice. It can also make your life a lot easier when trying to navigate a complex legal scenario.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we take pride in providing the support and know-how that you deserve. That includes:
- Helping you find the right medical care if you sustained injuries.
- Gathering evidence to support your legal claim. That includes thoroughly interviewing witnesses, conducting an independent investigation of your accident to identify all responsible parties (that may be auto manufacturers, an at-fault driver’s employer or the government agencies responsible for road conditions, among others), and auditing all potential sources of insurance coverage.
- Handling all communications with insurance providers and opposing counsel.
- Working with our network of experts to substantiate your claim and establish the full extent of any potential injuries and financial losses (including current losses and the impact on future earnings). Depending on your situation, those might include medical professionals, financial planners and accident scene investigators, among others.
- Fighting for justice – wherever that takes us. While we’re always happy to resolve a claim quickly, our lawyers are never afraid to fight for our clients in the courtroom.
Potential Compensation and Damages From a Vehicle Accident
Every accident is different, and a lot of factors can affect the amount and type(s) of compensation that you may be entitled to after a vehicle accident. Some factors could include the amount of negligence displayed by the other driver, your own level of fault in an accident and the available assets to pay any awards or settlements.
If successful, our vehicle accident attorneys may be able to help you acquire a variety of damages in the Carolinas, including:
- Past medical bills and the cost of any related treatments in the future
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Car repair or replacement costs, including any relevant car rental expenses
- Compensation for pain, suffering and/or reduced quality of life, including emotional distress related to your accident
- Punitive damages, in rare cases of exceptionally bad negligence or misconduct
Get Help From an Experienced Vehicle Accident Lawyer Today
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we are keenly aware of the devastating impact that a vehicle accident can have on you and your family’s physical, mental and financial health. You deserve to work with an experienced team that will fight hard to maximize any compensation you may be entitled to. We genuinely care about our clients and treat them like members of the family. When you work with our firm, you will be collaborating with down-to-earth people who make up a dedicated legal team with years of legal training and experience.
If you’ve been involved in a vehicle accident due to someone else’s negligence, it’s important to act quickly. To schedule your free consultation, call us today at (800) 351-3008 or schedule an appointment online.