According to N.C. Department of Transportation data, with over 120,000 car accidents between 2018 and 2020, Charlotte is the city with the most car crashes in North Carolina. As the city continues to grow, auto accidents become more common, putting you and your loved ones in danger. If you are a driver in Charlotte, you need to be aware of the most common car accidents in the city. By knowing what these accidents are, you can take steps to avoid them and keep yourself and your loved ones safe on the road.
If you or a loved one is injured in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our Charlotte car accident lawyers have years of experience helping car accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We will work with the insurance company to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses. Contact us today for a free consultation.
T-bone collisions are some of the most dangerous types of car accidents. They occur when one driver collides with the side of another vehicle. These accidents often happen at intersections because one driver may run a red light or stop sign, putting them in the line of oncoming traffic. This causes them to collide with the side of another car.
How to Avoid T-Bone Collisions
The best way to avoid T-bone collisions is to
- Pay attention to your surroundings when you are driving.
- Look both ways before proceeding through an intersection, even if the light is green.
- Be aware of other drivers who may run red lights or stop signs. If you see a car speeding towards an intersection, slow down and be prepared to stop.
Rear-end collisions are among the most common types of car accidents. They often occur due to distracted driving or when one driver follows another driver too closely and does not have time to stop when the lead driver slows down or stops.
How to Avoid a Rear-End Collision
You can avoid rear-end collisions by:
- Pay attention to the car in front of you.
- Leaving enough space between your vehicle and theirs.
- Avoid driving distracted. If you must use your phone or do something else that takes your attention off the road, pull over to a safe location first.
Side-swipe collisions occur when one car hits the side of another car. These accidents often happen when one driver tries to change lanes and does not see the other vehicle in their blind spot. They may also occur when one driver passes another vehicle and gets too close.
How to Avoid Side-Swipe Collisions
The best way to avoid side-swipe collisions is to:
- Be aware of your surroundings when you are driving.
- Make sure you check your blind spots before changing lanes.
- Give other drivers plenty of space when passing them.
- If you see a car in your blind spot, do not try to change lanes until you are sure it is safe.
Head-on collisions are extremely dangerous, and victims often sustain serious injuries. They occur when two cars collide while driving directly towards each other. These accidents often happen when a negligent or distracted driver goes the wrong way on a one-way street or interstate ramp. They also may occur when a driver swerves into oncoming traffic.
How to Avoid a Head-On Collision
The best way to avoid head-on collisions is to
- Be aware of your surroundings when you are driving.
- Pay attention to the cars around you, and do not try to pass another vehicle if there is oncoming traffic.
- If you see a car coming towards you, slow down and be prepared to stop.
Single-vehicle accidents occur when a driver is the only person involved in the accident. These accidents can happen for many reasons, such as losing control of the car, running off the road, or hitting an object.
How to Avoid Single-Vehicle Accidents
The best way to avoid single-vehicle accidents is to:
- be aware of your surroundings and drive carefully.
- Make sure you obey the speed limit and stay in your lane.
- If you see an obstacle in the road, slow down and try to avoid it. If you can’t avoid it, make sure you hit it at a slow speed.
Can I Sue After a Car Accident?
Yes, you can sue after a car accident if you are injured. To determine whether you have a case or not, speak with a lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason. E Taylor. Car accidents can result in various injuries, so it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible.
Damages a You Can Recover After a Car Accident
If you are involved in a car accident, there are many different damages that you can recover. These include
- Medical expenses – Whether you’ve sustained severe injuries or minor lacerations and cuts, you can recover compensation for any costs related to your medical care. This may include hospital bills, doctor’s visits, and prescription costs.
- Property damage includes damage to your car, such as repairs or replacements.
- Pain and suffering – This type of damage can be difficult to quantify. It includes things like emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life.
If you are involved in a car accident, it is important to hire a lawyer. A lawyer can help you get the money you deserve for your injuries. They can also help you file a claim against the other driver.
Speak with a Car Accident Lawyer in Charlotte Today
If you have been injured in one due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Our auto accident attorneys have experience with all personal injury cases, including car accidents. We are not afraid to take on insurance companies to help you obtain fair compensation. We value the attorney-client relationship and will work tirelessly to protect your rights.
Contact our law firm today for your free initial consultation and learn more about what we can do to help you. We will answer your questions and explain all of your legal options.