At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, we are dedicated to helping clients throughout North and South Carolina who have been injured in devastating car accidents.
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of injury in the United States. In 2015, 123,589 people suffered serious car accident injuries, while 1,380 died in traffic accidents in North Carolina.
Now that Labor Day Weekend is approaching, it is essential to keep you and your family safe when you are on the road. Because Labor Day Weekend is one of the deadliest times of the year, we want to take the time to discuss accident statistics for Labor Day Weekend.
Consider the following accident statistics before you get behind the wheel this holiday weekend:
- According to the National Safety Council estimates, there will be close to 400 fatalities and 49,000 injuries this Labor Day Weekend.
- During Labor Day Weekend, drivers on the road are over three times more likely to be involved in fatal motor vehicle accidents.
- Statistics from the National Safety Council reveal that motor vehicle accidents are at an all-time high since 2008.
Increased alcohol consumption is also a significant contributor to Labor Day Weekend accidents. Because of the number of holiday parties and celebrations that occur throughout the weekend, more drunk drivers are on the road. Combined with the increased holiday traffic, drunk drivers pose a significant threat to public safety on Labor Day Weekend.
Remember the following safety tips if you plan to go out over Labor Day Weekend:
- Never get behind the wheel of a car if you have had too much to drink.
- If you do drink alcohol, make arrangements for a safe ride home. Lyft and Uber are convenient if you need a designated driver.
- Make sure you and your passengers have your seatbelts on.
- Get rid of distractions like cell phones, GPS, and other electronic devices while you are driving.
- All small children should be secured in a properly installed safety seat.
- Watch your speed and avoid driving while you are frustrated or angry.
- Be cautious and keep an eye out for other vehicles and pedestrians whenever you are driving around.
Talk to a Personal Injury Attorney
Have you been injured in a car accident? Do you need help seeking the compensation you deserve? Our team of lawyers is here to guide you through the legal process and ensure that your rights are fully protected. We will provide you with a robust legal strategy and the resources you need to obtain justice.
Call (800) 351-3008 to schedule your free consultation with our North Carolina personal injury lawyers. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.