If you’ve been severely injured in a motor vehicle accident in North Carolina due to the other party’s negligence, then you should do two things:
- Seek immediate medical assistance
- Hire a seasoned personal injury attorney for case representation
These are important because prompt medical aid will help save lives and get you on the path to recovery. And it is vital to seek legal help as your lawyer can provide you with quality guidance and assistance, thereby helping you pursue compensation. Thus, make sure to schedule a consultation fast. If you wait and delay, evidence from the accident scene may be manipulated or lost, which could be crucial for establishing liability and proving your claim.
So, once you schedule a personal injury consultation, the next thing that you need to do is to make sure that you go prepared. This will help you make the most of your meeting with the lawyer and pursue the best outcome. To make the meeting go as smoothly and efficiently as possible, here’s what you need to do:
Bring All Paperwork
Gather all your evidence and paperwork to bring with you to the consultation. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Medical documents including bills and medical reports of your injuries
- Copies of police reports that document the case
- Lost income slips
- W2 form,
- Paperwork explaining health insurance coverage and auto insurance policy
- Photos and videos of injuries, scars, and vehicles (if any taken at the time of the accident)
Suppose, you’re unsure about some other document like emails, letters, or any other correspondence with the insurance company or at-fault party. In that case, it is advisable to bring it and show it to the lawyer. Don’t throw away anything until the personal injury reviews it.
Be Honest and open With the Attorney
It’s crucial to understand that the lawyer is here to protect your interest and rights, not judge you. Therefore, you can rely on them to handle your case with both compassion and skill. When you go for the consultation, be ready to share your side of the story in detail and honestly. The more accurate details you share with your personal injury lawyer, the better position they will be in protecting your rights and fighting for you to be compensated fully.
It is advisable to write down what happened right away so that you don’t risk forgetting essential details as time passes. Also, if a family member or friend was with you at the time of the accident, ask them to write down all details. Collect and provide all these narratives to the lawyer during the consultation to review it and determine your options for legal action.
Be Prepared For a Two Way Question Answer Session
This means that your personal injury lawyer will ask you specific questions before they can determine whether or not you should file a claim. Likewise, they will also allow you to ask them questions to determine if you are comfortable with them representing your case.
So, be ready to answer the lawyer’s questions and come prepared with your questions so that you don’t forget to ask anything important.
Some questions that your personal injury lawyer may ask you during the consultation might include:
- What are the specific injuries that you’re dealing with?
- How do you feel?
- Are you going through emotional and mental trauma apart from the physical pain?
- Who have you talked to regarding the accident?
- What have you said to them?
- Have you been active on social media about your accident?
- Have you given a recorded statement to the insurance company? If yes, then what did you say?
- What do the doctors say about your injuries?
- How has the incident impacted you, your family, and your daily routine?
Similarly, you should also write down a list of questions to ask the attorney, such as:
- What is your experience with personal injury cases like mine?
- Is your focus primarily on personal injury law?
- Do you have a jury trial experience?
- How do you work, and who will handle my case?
- What is your track record?
- What is the fee structure?
- How long have you been licensed?
- Who can I call if I have questions or concerns?
Contact our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in North Carolina Right Away
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation after a motor vehicle accident in North Carolina. Sit and discuss your case with someone who is experienced and has handled cases like yours before. We can answer all your questions and address any reservations you might have.
Moreover, our attorney will evaluate your case in detail and know whether you qualify for a claim. Also, our fee structure is simple and smooth. We understand that you’re already burdened with medical bills and other financial responsibilities; that’s why we don’t want to burden you more. Our consultation is free of cost, and legal service/case representation is offered on a contingency basis. This means that you don’t have to pay a dime to us unless your case is resolved and you get compensated.
At The Law Office of Jason E. Taylor, P.C., we work in your best interest and go above and beyond to fight for you to get justice. We work relentlessly for our clients to pursue justice and fair compensation.